Community Learning MK
As an educational establishment, Lord Grey School, is fully committed to continuing education. We strongly believe in the power of education to transform lives. Thus we are happy to support and promote community based learning. School is the start of the journey of ‘life long learning’.
Do you want to be one of the six thousand learners involved in Community Learning MK, and have a rewarding and enjoyable experience from start to finish? Finding the right course is the first stage in your learning journey.
Whether you enrol on a year long course which will lead you to a qualification or join a one-day workshop which will introduce you to an exciting new skill, the aim is to provide an excellent learning environment where you are supported to succeed and progress.
There has been a significant amount of research into the benefits of adult learning and below are some of the findings.
- Helps people to reach their potential
- Maximises employment prospects and promotion
- Encourages intellectual, creative and artistic growth
- Helps older people to stay active and independent
- Helps young people to develop the confidence and skills to progress
- Supports parents to develop their basic skills alongside their young children
- Raises the aspirations of individuals, families and communities
- Shares and maintains traditional skills
- Breaks down the barriers that divide communities
- Works in partnership with specialist organisations
- Helps people to use and benefit from digital technology
- Engages with disadvantaged and excluded people
- Improves people’s health and well-being.
Whatever your reason for learning, why not find out more about what is on offer?
You have nothing to lose and so much to gain!