For all examination queries:
Please email: exams (at) lordgrey.org.uk
Please give at least 24 hours notice by telephoning Reception on 01908 626110. Reception will arrange a convenient time for collection.
Alternatively, please email: exams (at) lordgrey.org.uk
Click below to view our examination results.
A Level Results
Information To Help You Get Those All Important Grades
Please check out the downloads area to find GCSE revision information, guides, wall planner and preparation diagrams. For revision sessions – please see the newsletter for further details.
Revision Top Tips
- Bitesize – revise in short sessions
- Use tricks and techniques to help you revise – mind maps, diagrams, mnemonics, highlighting etc.
- Take a break – feed yourself or do something different between sessions
- Be organised – check you have all the notes well in advance, organise your notes
- Draw up a revision timetable with time for other activities too
- Before you start, make sure you have everything you need
- Find somewhere quiet to work
- Don’t work late at night – get enough sleep, especially during exams week
- Test yourself – reduce notes to five or so points and keep repeating
To Achieve Those All Important Grades
- Turn off the television/DVD player say “no” to the shopping trip or football – you want those grades and you can get them
- Buy or borrow revision guides – but do not over rely on them if you want A grades
- Use Bitesize and Sam Learning
Useful Websites To Assist You With Your Homework And Revision:
- Sam Learning – is a online revision tool for KS3, KS4 (GCSE) and A Level students
- BBC Bitesize – The BBC’s excellent revision materials
- MyMaths – An interesting range of web based games and information to make learning fun
- Homework High – Channel 4 production dedicated to providing homework help
- Homework Elephant – Links to an enormous range of online educational resources
- Schoolnet – Includes a guide to good educational websites and more revision aids
- S-cool – Welcome to the revision website dedicated to providing high quality GCSE and A Level revision material totally free
- How stuff works – A clear and simple site for older students, showing how things work
- Living Library – Online store of information geared towards education
- Britannica – Easy to use encyclopaedic search engine
- Revision Link – Easy to use encyclopaedic search engine
More Useful Links To Help You Prepare:
- A+ Resources for students – English language and literature revision tips and resources
- BBC Student Life – Revision skills/technique advice/school work support and resources
- Edexel Exam Zone – Exam help from Edexel – have you prepared?
- GCSE Maths – Fast exam preparation/revision cards
Examination Information for Candidates
Students have been reminded about the two notices in the Student Planner outlining the rules and regulations for examinations and controlled assessments. They give advice and information and point out the penalties that can be incurred if the rules are not adhered to.
Rules and regulations for controlled assessments and examinations can be found in the downloads area or ask the Examination Officer where a copy can be collected from.