Careers at Lord Grey School
As a forward looking school, we often have positions available and are always on the look out for insightful and talented people. So take a moment to look through our website and make sure to check back regularly, as these pages are regularly updated. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note: only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check.
Head of Physics
We require from September 2018 an experienced, enthusiastic, flexible, committed and qualified Head of Physics, with leadership experience or potential, to join our Science Faculty in this large, mixed 11-19 comprehensive school.
For the right candidate, we are willing to offer a laptop or ipad, additional one off remuneration and support for NPQML.
The successful candidate:
• will have a strong commitment to teaching and learning in Physics
• will be an effective classroom practitioner committed to raising standards for all students
• will be able to teach Science at Key Stage 3, and Physics at Key Stages 4 and 5
• will be fully committed to enabling all students to achieve well and make good progress.
• the drive and determination to motivate colleagues and students
• a creative and energetic approach to teaching and management
• good organisational skills
• the ability to lead and develop a team of teachers
• the vision to develop the courses currently offered
• open to change, new ideas and innovation.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 5 March 2018.
We are seeking to appoint, on a casual basis, committed and understanding invigilators to join our team and support students through one of the most critical stages of their education.
Successful applicants will be required to work as part of a team or alone, have a good eye for detail and be able to remain calm under pressure. Experience is desirable, but training will be provided. Days and hours will be variable and dependent upon examination dates. The rate of pay is £8.12 per hour.
Completed application form and covering letter should be submitted to Human Resources at Lord Grey or emailed to email@example.com by 9am on 26 February 2018.