Revision Tips and Guidance
When it comes to revision it can be hard to get started. We want to help you develop and provide guidance in a range of areas, so you get the most out of your experience and get a head start ready for your summer examinations! Specific information for each year group is located on the relevant pages. Please see the links below.
|Year 7 Click Here||Year 8 Click Here||Year 9 Click Here|
|Year 10 Click Here||Year 11 Click Here||Sixth Form Click Here|
- Start revising early. Months, not days before the exam. Make a timetable.
- Don’t spend ages making your notes look pretty. This is just wasting your time. For diagrams include all the details you need to learn, but don’t try to produce a work of art. Limit yourself to 2 or 3 colours!!
- Take short breaks. Every hour, not every 10 minutes.
- Be organised. Make sure you have revision materials.
- Stick revision notes all around your house. So when you are in the exam you think; “Aha, the quadratic equations, they were on the fridge!…..”
- Get yourself drinks and snacks. This will help you NOT to make excuses to stop every 10 minutes.
- Don’t turn yourself into a revision Zombie. It is really important that you keep time to do things you enjoy.
- Do lots of practice papers. This is especially important as you get close to the exams.
- Find the right environment to revise. NOT in front of the television, NOT listening to radio. and do not forget to put your phone away.
REVISION KIT LIST
You MUST have the correct equipment for all your examinations. You can purchase items/exam ‘ready pencil cases’ from Student Services at very reasonable costs.
|Pens at least two (black ink)||Pencils at least two||Set Squares|
|Pencil Sharpener||Clear Pencil Case|