Knowledge Organisers Year 9
When it comes to revision it can be hard to get started. We want to help you develop and provide guidance in a range of areas, so you get the most out of your experience and get a head start ready for your summer examinations!
Revision Kit List
You MUST have the correct equipment for all your examinations. You can purchase items/exam ‘ready pencil cases’ from Student Services at very reasonable costs.
|Pens at least two (black ink)||Pencils at least two||Set Squares|
|Pencil Sharpener||Clear Pencil Case|
- Help them to learn the Physics formulae They can attend the Science Help Session on Friday 3.20pm – 4.20pm to collect a formula sheet and set of flash cards. (We will even help them to make the flash cards). Please test them at home, just the same as you worked with them on spellings and times tables when they were at primary school.
- Test them on key quotations from either the poems or the novels they have studied.
- Time them when they are answering exam style questions.
- Watch their Shakespeare play with them, ask them to explain key details.
- Encourage them to read good quality non-fiction texts e.g. newspapers and biographies.
- Use the topic checklists to make sure all areas of the specification have been reviewed.
- Encourage your child to read through notes regularly. Using colour pens to highlight and categorise can be useful.
- Ensure your child is doing 30-45 minutes revision at a time, properly concentrating – no phones, laptops, ipads, TV etc.
- Test your child using flash cards. Explaining things to other people helps them to remember.
- Get your child to think about causes and consequences, and to make sure they are able to make choices and justify decisions.